I have spent years researching cannabis farming, preparing fast flowering cannabis seeds and nursery catalogs, and happily watching my business flourish. As a professional cannabis horticulturalist, I have worked with hundreds of clients and I continue to do so. At the end of the day, my clients are my family. They are my friend and family. Cannabis has allowed me to become an extremely productive member of society, and I will gladly welcome more clients into my home. I see my work with patients as a form of holistic care, similar to that which can be found in holistic medicine.

It has been a difficult week, trying to balance my professional life with my personal life. I have sent dozens of emails and texts to friends, family and clients apologizing for missing or unresponsive meetings or phone calls. I have called back, and I am sorry I missed you, too. Sometimes, life gets in the way and you have to let go and let it be.

I will eventually get it together, and move on, but for now, I feel like this great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Cannabis is a person, just like you or me, and it is capable of so much more than just the leafy green weed on your doctor's "recommendations."

Nora Montaņo is a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor and member of NAMI Orange County, which offers free services and mental health services to families and adults with learning disabilities and autism. Nora specializes in educating and working with patients in need of mental health care and evidence-based treatments. She received her BS in Social Sciences from UC Santa Cruz and her MA in Clinical Psychology from San Jose State.