Thread: win1.hostgator.in Migration FAQs

win1.hostgator.in Migration FAQs

What is getting migrated?

We are migrating your Windows Hosting package to our new datacenter in Mumbai. The new datacenter is called GPX, and it is India’s first Uptime Institute Certified Tier-4 datacenter. Your package will be migrated to the latest enterprise grade Dell servers, and your website will become much faster as a result of this migration.

You can find out more about new datacenter (GPX) here - http://goo.gl/wHFfBk and here - http://goo.gl/Nc82qd.

What is the purpose of this migration?

We are migrating so that our customers experience better and faster services.

Any chances of losing my data?

No. There will be no data loss during migration.

Is there any downtime?

During the maintenance window, as detailed in the email you received from us, your site will be down for up to 5 hours (depending on the size of your website) so that we can transfer your data to the new server.

Post the maintenance window, we will put in place IP redirection so all the traffic hitting your existing IP addresses will be automatically forwarded to the new IPs. This re-direction is only temporary, and will be stopped a few weeks from now and would work only if you are using the Nameservers provided by us. Therefore, we urge you to use your new IPs (which will be sent to you via email) to prevent downtime on your VPS package.

Will my Name Servers change?

We urge you to use the Nameservers provided by us. If you are using Custom/Branded Nameservers please ensure that you point it to the IP address that would be provided to you via Email.

Will my IPs Change?

Yes, your IP(s) will change. We will put in place IP redirection so all the traffic hitting your existing IP addresses will be automatically forwarded to the new IPs. This re-direction is only temporary, and will be stopped a few weeks from now. Therefore, we urge you to use your new IPs (which will be sent to you via email) to prevent downtime on your

What are the changes that I should expect ?

Emails

We have introduced MailEnable in place of Smartermail. Mailenable provides a powerful, stable , flexible interface and comes with an extensive feature set which would allow us to take your Email experience to a new level.

Will my Emails be lost ?

No there will be no email loss. However since we are migrating your emails to a new server, you might face a delay of 24 - 48 hours post migration for your old Emails to show up in your Inbox.

Will I need to make any coding changes to my Website ?

We would be making changes to any hardcoded path in your website connection string or database connection string. However if you have encoded your connection strings you would be required to make the following changes

Physical path to your website will start with the prefix

‘d:\inetpub\vhosts’

For database connection string please use the New IP address that would be provided to you via email.
    Last edited by GatorPraveen; 12-21-2014 at 03:02 AM.