Thread: FAQs on your Migrated Hostgator Account

FAQs on your Migrated Hostgator Account

Will this migration cause downtime for my websites?

No. We are only migrating your customer account and the associated meta-data which contains the orders you have with us. Your websites will not go down during the migration of your customer account.

Will my account information change?
    Your username will stay the same (your email address), but we will be asking you to reset your password during your first login. You will be receiving an email from us with more details on Monday, December 22nd.

What about my account balance in WHMCS?
    Your account balances will be transferred while we migrate your account. This will take a couple days to fully reflect in your account

How do I access my new Hostgator.in account?

1. Via our website - Visit http://www.hostgator.in
    - On the top-right of the page, click the Customer Log-In link.
    - Enter your Email Address i.e., your registered email address and Password.
    - Click the Log-in button to continue. Through this interface you can manage your Hostgator.in customer account and orders.

2. Via Control panel URL
    - You may use the direct Customer Log-in URL: http://manage.hostgator.in/customer
    - Enter your Email Address i.e., your registered Email Address and Password and click the Log-in button.

How do I reset the password of my customer account?
    Please visit http://manage.hostgator.in/customer and click on forgot password to get a password reset link. Using this link you should be able to set a new password for your account.

How do I List all the order(s) in my Hostgator Account?
    - Log-in to your Hostgator Control Panel.
    - In the Menu, point to Manage Orders and then click List/Search Orders.
    - This will list all Orders under your Customer account.

The list of Orders that is displayed will show you all the orders that are registered in your Hostgator Account. Clicking the domain name link corresponding to any Order will open up its Overview. Then click the Product specific tab to reach the Order Information view, from where you can perform any modifications to the Order.

How to Manage my Hosting Order(s)?
    - Next, click Manage Orders -> List/Search Orders.
    - Search for the Hosting Order(s) by selecting the type of Hosting under the For Product drop-down menu.
    - Click on the hyperlink of your domain name beside the corresponding Product.
    - On the next page, you will see the section for the respective type of Hosting bought through Hostgator.

If you wish to open the Hosting Control Panel (cPanel for Linux/Plesk for Windows), click on the Manage Web Hosting link. This will open the Hosting Control Panel for you.

How do I manage the DNS Records of my Domain?
    - Next, click Manage Orders -> List/Search Orders.
    - Search for the Domain Registration Order(s) by selecting Domain Registration under the For Product drop-down menu.
    - Click on the hyperlink of your domain name beside the corresponding Product Domain Registration.
    - Scroll Down to the DNS Management section.

Click the Manage DNS link. The DNS Management Console will pop-up through which you may add/modify/delete DNS records

Will my WHMCS account still be active?
    You WHMCS account will no longer be accessible.You can use your brand new OrderBox account to manage all of your orders.
    Last edited by GatorPraveen; 12-23-2014 at 07:50 AM.